Friday, April 30, 2010

My Best Friend, Sister Girl, Wife-Like Diva, Goddess Incarnate, Dai


I met this lovely sista back in Chemistry (I think that was the class- something related to Science) during my Senior year (she was a Junior). She was new, cute & curvy, kinda enigmatic, you know? You ever looked at someone and felt like there was definitely a whole whole WHOLE lot more to them than what meets the eye? Well that was my girl Dai... I was the metaphysical child of brotha Malcom (X, that is), the sista that understood that I was soley in this white intstitution to get their paper, in order to make their money so I could live comfortably the way I wanted to, so that's what I did, but there was something about Dai.. she was smiley, pretty, and funny as hell and we clicked faster than you can say our names together..lol

As time progressed, I came to find out, she wrote. Who knew? I always wrote too... she was in a long relationship that went waaaay past the high school 3 month definition of "long -term", and held a lot of repsonsibilities that most of us who came up in high school did not. She was practically a mom to her three siblings already, perhaps one of the most consistent parental figures in their lives who was literally, ALWAYS there- cooking for them, laying out clothes, chilling and playing with them,homework check, always involved with them even till this day. I always admired this deep sista.. she was gansta too... she could roll with elegant jargon in one minute and spit a biggie rhyme or just right out give you a "wut the fuck?" in the next breath.. She's awesome... we're an awesome duo.. always had each other's backs, never letting go of our connection, even from the Pennsylvania jurisdiction this chick loves me and keeps me together... how the hell she does it..I have NO idea!

Now we're mom's, we've been through some major ish but always found each other one way or another, and she's a great momma and wife and 2nd mother to my children! More than ever, I love her for getting back into one of her most sacred and awesome crafts, writing. My girl is the shit. Don't mess with my sister.
I'll love my best friend/ sister forever, and anyone who knows meknows, don't fuck wit her, look her in the eye, and if you're hating on her, you're hating on me...

3 comments:

  1. okay so remember how I said u should never comment on a blog w/ your own blog...eff that!! First, I'm hating b/c u beat me to it...I had my I LOVE MY NISHA blog writing itself for a min now & was waiting for the perfect moment to unleash it...damn u Nish...

    But I love me some you girl...u know it's crazy when u have a sistahood so deep that I feel like I see u all the time...crazy right...I "ain't seent" u since NYE but I can't tell my spirit that (u know she don't listen anyway) but how awesome to meet in Chemistry...coincidence...NOT! B/C that's what we've always had, u say the things I don't, you remember the things I won't...you comple...no you balance me! And that's a much stronger feat...I told u in 1995 that day we were at your house eating shoe string fries w/ hot sauce, laid out on the floor b/c u had cramps...I swear ta beans I felt them too..It was no lie then & I'm still forever connected to you now...Love u Nish

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww u said everything I say sis.. feels like we're always together and that's strange but our spirits are stubborn and don't listen to us!...lol I love you too Dai... this marraige will will be an infinite union! Wonder how we'll meet up next lifetime Dai Dai!...lol I love u sweetipiehunnybunnysugathang!muah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. no doubt girl! we ARE always together! u know that!

    ReplyDelete